We provide grants to projects that encourage and improve the public's enjoyment of mountainous regions, especially the mountainous regions of Scotland.
The Trust supports:
- Footpath construction and maintenance projects
- Land purchases that ensure public access
- Mountaineering education and training, especially that aimed at young people
- Mountain rescue teams and organisations, for equipment and facilities
- Renovation of club huts, for huts available to the wider mountaineering community
- Expeditions with educational or scientific objectives aligned with those of the Trust